I understand the following:
1. Downtown Odessa Inc., the City of Odessa, or any volunteer associated with the Parade of Lights, is not responsible for any personal injuries or property damage that may directly or indirectly occur as a result of participating in the Parade of Lights.
2. City ordinances do not allow toys, candy or any items to be thrown from a vehicle of float and/or handed out during the parade. If found in violation of the city ordinance, the parade entrant may be ticketed, fined and/or removed from the parade. An entrant that is removed from the parade will forfeit any award that may have been earned.
3. Entry fee is non-refundable and will be applied towards cash awards.
4. Participants agree to refrain from stopping to perform during the parade route. Any participants that fail to comply with this rule may be removed from the parade and will not be allowed to enter in the 2020 Parade of Lights.
5. Large floats and 18-wheeler floats will provide four (4) persons, (2) on each side, to walk alongside the float to maintain safety along the parade route. These persons are responsible for the safety of the persons riding on the float, making sure they do not get too close to the curbs and keep spectators from getting close to the float along the parade route.
6. Downtown Odessa Inc. reserves the right to review all parade entries prior to the parade.
Any entry that does not meet the family-friendly nature of the event will not be allowed to proceed. The entry fee for such entry will be refunded. Additionally, boisterous, insulting, or profane language or engaging in disorderly, lewd or lascivious conduct of any kind will not be permitted and will be cause for removal from the parade without refund.
7. I agree to inform all parents or other responsible parties that for safety reasons, parade participants will be returned by an ECISD shuttle bus to the Odessa College campus at the end of the parade. There is absolutely no pick-up at the MCH parking lot. This will be enforced by the Odessa Police Department.