Employees receive 12 paid holidays per year. They are as follows:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the Friday following Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Floating Holiday (Must be taken between January 2 and December 31)
Unileave may be taken in one hour increments and has unlimited accrual. Unileave (Vacation/Sick) accrual will be compensated upon termination of employment at the rate of one-for-one.
Employees are paid on a biweekly basis.
|Length of Service||Unileave Time||Years Accrued||Fire (Shift)|
|0 to 4 years||17 days per year||136 hours||204 hours|
|5 to 9 years||22 days per year||176 hours||264 hours|
|Over 10 years||27 days per year||216 hours||324 hours|
- Full-Time Employees except Fire are automatically enrolled in Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS): Mandatory 7% employee contribution matched by a 14% City contribution. 5 year vesting and may retire with 20 years of service at any age or 5 years of service at age 60.
- Fire Department Employees: Mandatory 16% employee contribution matched by a 26% City contribution. Age 55 and 25 years of service required to receive full benefits.
- Part-Time employees are automatically enrolled in the Public Agency Retirement System (PARS): Mandatory 6.2% employee contribution matched by a 1.3% City contribution.
Family Health Clinic
City provides a full service health clinic that employees and covered dependents may use at no cost. In order to utilize the clinic, the employee and his/her dependents must be enrolled in the group medical coverage.
Bronze - $1,250 Deductible:
- Employee Only - $0 per month
- Employee Plus One - $17 per month
- Employee Plus Two or More - $37 per month
- Per Grandchild - $127 per month
Silver - $1,000 Deductible:
- Employee Only - $0 per month
- Employee Plus One - $113 per month
- Employee Plus Two or More - $161 per month
- Per Grandchild - $158 per month
Gold - $750 Deductible:
- Employee Only - $33 per month
- Employee Plus One - $208 per month
- Employee Plus Two or More - $264 per month
- Per Grandchild - $190 per month
- Employee Only $0
- Dependents $24.76 per month
- Per Grandchild $24.76 per month
- Employee Only $5.95 per month
- Employee Plus Children $11.32 per month
- Employee Plus Spouse $11.90 per month
- Family $17.88 per month
City provides a full service workout facility that employees and covered dependents (over the age of 16) may use at no cost. In order to utilize the Fitness Center, the employee and his/her dependents must be enrolled in the group medical coverage.
1.5 times salary is provided for each employee at no cost. There is double indemnity on an accidental death.
6.2% is paid by the employee and matched by the City.
Employee’s injured on the job shall be covered by Worker’s Compensation. A full-time employee will have his/her compensation benefits supplemented by the City.
Allows employees to invest a portion of their income, tax deferred until the employee retires or otherwise leaves the plan and begins receiving payments.
$8 each month for each year of creditable service with the City beginning with the 2nd year of employment. You may choose to receive your longevity pay prorated each pay date or you may choose to have the City accumulate your longevity pay throughout the year and receive a lump sum payment on the November’s second pay date.
- 100% College Tuition Reimbursement with 50% books and fees
- Credit Union
- Educational Incentive Pay
- Fire and Police Step Plans
- Military Leave
- Odessa College Management Certification Program
- Skills Pay