In early 2016, Odessa Mayor David R. Turner and City Council established the boundaries of Downtown Odessa as 1st to 10th Streets and Bernice Avenue to Adams Avenue.
Downtown Odessa is home to the finest first-class medical facilities in the West Texas region - Medical Center Health Systems and Odessa Regional Medical Center flank the downtown district to the west and east, respectively, and are connected by the beautiful tree-lined 5th Street corridor.
Located in Downtown are:
- City Hall
- Ector County Courthouse
- Ector County Library
- Odessa Chamber of Commerce and Odessa Convention and Visitor's Bureau
- Odessa Council for Arts and Humanities
- Odessa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Many other nonprofits, businesses and medical facilities
Downtown Odessa's rich history and heritage is accentuated by its enduring quality and vibrant workforce.
- Downtown Odessa's workforce population expands by more than 8,000 individuals a day.
- More than 17,000 vehicles travel the Grant Avenue corridor through the center of Downtown daily, making it one of the Top 5 major traveled thoroughfares in the City of Odessa, according to a 2013 Texas Department of Transportation Traffic Study.