Downtown Odessa's rich history and heritage is accentuated by its enduring quality and vibrant workforce.
The Heart of the City
Downtown Odessa is home to the finest first-class medical facilities in the West Texas region. Medical Center Health Systems and Odessa Regional Medical Center flank the downtown district to the west and east, respectively, and are connected by the beautiful tree-lined 5th Street Corridor.
Located in downtown are City Hall, Ector County Courthouse, Ector County Library, Odessa Chamber of Commerce, Odessa Convention and Visitor's Bureau, Odessa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Odessa Council for Arts and Humanities, among many other nonprofit, businesses and medical facilities.
Noel Heritage Plaza, located in the heart of Downtown Odessa, hosts an assortment of events for residents and tourists alike, which include the annual Hot Summer Nights Concert Series, 4th of July street festival, art walks and food trucks. For a list of upcoming events in Downtown Odessa, visit our Events in Downtown Odessa page.
A Culinary Arts Epicenter
- Downtown Odessa is an epicenter for local culinary arts and cuisine.
- Across from City Hall, dine inside a restored bungalow to feast on a fusion of Hispanic and Asian cuisine at Chef Prado's, Rooster's Diner.
- If you're in the mood for an old-fashioned hamburger, visit a downtown institution - the Permian Basin Hamburger Company on Grant Avenue. The Hamburger Company's House Specialty is a local tradition - the Chili Cheeseburger.
- Dine inside the luxurious Odessa Marriott Hotel and Conference Center at their eatery, Barrel and Derrick to enjoy bold Texas cuisine in a sophisticated setting.
- If you're looking for a more laid back atmosphere just walk across the street from the hotel and conference center and you will find Torchy's Tacos. They mean business when it comes to serving tasty tacos.
- There's a lively assortment of culinary experiences for every taste bud in Downtown Odessa.
Visit the heart of the city today!